March 2011
The team are as follows:
First Row:
F.Blanks, John Wilson, Wilson (Snr), William Lawes
Second Row:
T. Stock, W.Newman, J.Bush, E.Sharke, Avery, Brewster, S.H.Sharman, Tommy O'Linn, T.Ruffell
Third Row:
Dennis, Jack King, William Simmons, R.Terry, John Ockendon, Frederick Linn, Petter Hills, Charles Gowers
Fourth Row:
Stevenson, Charles Pixley, Coachman at Baddow Park, Pixley (Snr), Jimmy Linn, George Carter
Great Baddow Brass Band, 1906. Standing on the extreme right of the photograph is a Mr Shorter who was landlord of the Kings Head pub in Maldon Road, Great Baddow. Band practice was held at the pub.
Great Baddow Carnival 1945
Great Baddow Carnival 1945 (marching past St Mary's Church)
Henry Ambrose and Ted Jarvis at the Great Baddow Carnival 1945
High Street, Great Baddow
Junction of Vicarage Lane/High Street (where the village sign is situtated)
Junction of High Street/Bell Street
High Street, Great Baddow
(house on the right is now a childrens day care centre)
A flood in September 1958 caused widespread damage in Great Baddow including at the bakery.
Well House, High Street, Great Baddow was demolished in July 1961. It dated back to 1675.
Junction of Vicarage Lane/High Street (White Horse pub on the left)
Kings Head pub, Maldon Road, Great Baddow